Trey McWhorter is a long-time Austinite, arriving in 1990 to attend the University of Texas, where his love for real estate started in an introduction to architecture class taught by Larry Speck.
After nearly 20 years of high tech experience in a variety of product and brand management roles spanning hardware, software and services, Trey has branched out to focus on two core business areas:
Real Estate – As a realtor with Moreland Properties, Trey provides his clients with extensive knowledge of Central Austin, Lake Austin waterfront property and many surrounding areas of Austin. Whether you are buying or selling for the first time or the fifteenth, you need the right person managing the process and working as your advocate at every step. Trey is committed to providing the highest level of service and professionalism while leveraging the extensive resources and network of Moreland Properties to ensure the best possible outcome for you.
Business Consulting – As a Managing Director of Rockport Investment Partners, Trey promotes the firm’s growth through strategic introductions, business development, and execution of the firm’s merger and acquisition advisory and business consulting engagements. You can learn more about Rockport, our services, and recent activity here.
Trey and his family (wife of 22+ years, daughter – 16yrs, son – 11yrs) live in Highland Park West where he served as the President of the Neighborhood Association from 2010-2014 and, in addition to his other endeavors, is currently writing a book about the history of the area.
- University of Texas, Austin – The Red McCombs School of Business – MBA ’04
- University of Texas, Austin – BA English ’94
- National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) – Graduate ’95 – Semester in Patagonia
- International Summer School ’93 – University of Oslo, Norway
- 18+ years in marketing, advertising, product and project management
- Member, Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABOR)
- Member, Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC)
- Member, National Association of Realtors (NAR)
COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEER SERVICE
- Historic Landmark Commissioner – District 10
- MidTex Mod (Austin Chapter of Docomomo) – Board Member
- Shoal Creek Conservancy – Volunteer / Advocacy
- Preservation Austin – Committee Member
- Highland Park West / Balcones Area Neighborhood Association – President ’11 – ’14